Tēnā tātou e te whānau whānui o Te Kura Toi Whakaari: NZ Drama School.
In light of the Government’s announcement today, Toi Whakaari is extending the Easter break to 4 weeks and bringing it forward to start from tomorrow (24 March). This will allow us to help all our communities to lower the curve and stop the spread of the virus. Practicing good hygiene, physical distancing, limiting social contacts and staying at home, is essential to protecting the whanau whānui (wider community).
· Toi Whakaari will continue to monitor the situation nationally, follow Government and Ministry of Health advice, and we will update you with any change to our situation as soon as we can.
· As from Wednesday, 25 March our Kura is closed. Te Whaea will not be open and students/visitors will be unable to use the library, workrooms, workshop, studios etc.
· Our staff are working to develop our capability to deliver learning in an online environment.
· The school will work with external bodies (TEC, NZQA etc.) to ensure that learning and outcomes, are not compromised. We don’t know what that may look like yet, but we will keep you informed.
· We will return to face-to-face teaching, as soon as it is safe to do so.
The latest Ministry of Health and Government advice can be found here:
We will stay in touch and update you with everything as necessary over the next few weeks.
Take good care of yourself and your whānau.
You may contact:
Tanea Heke, Director on (021) 886 972 or email@example.com
Craig Atkins, Registrar on (021) 082 62095 or firstname.lastname@example.org